Saturday, September 1, 2012

Doctor Who in 9 hours

I am so looking forward to the start of the new Doctor Who season which starts tonight. I am such a geek. I love that show so much. I am a Doctor Who viewer from way back in the very first season. In fact, it's the first television show that I remember. We were living in Scotland at the time and I was 5 when the show began. It has been a part of my life ever since.

As a child, I played with a toy Dalek. I was never one for girly toys, I also had a Batmobile. I did have dolls but preferred to play with cars and my Lego.

Doctor Who got me into science fiction. I remember watching all of the sci-fi shows in the 60s. During the 70s and early 80s, Doctor Who was only available on PBS in the US. It was a highlight of my week to watch it. I am sure Doctor Who is the reason I became such a Trekkie in the 80s.


I am so happy that Doctor Who is now broadcast around the world without a delay of months or even years, as it seemed in the 80s. I have been watching videos all week about Doctor Who and the actors involved. I joined a page on Facebook that has the best stuff.  Doctor Who and The Tardis is definitely the place to get the latest news.

In the meantime, I am passing time watching the new Star Trek movie; I hadn't seen it before and I am enjoying it so far.



Aftermath:

I managed to find a live stream and watched the show on the BBC. This was a great season opener. Of course, I watched it again on SPACE at 9 PM.  Next week's looks good "Dinosaurs on a space ship!"

No comments:

Post a Comment